PDF Exporting

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
Albertus

PDF Exporting

Post by Albertus »

Hi, when i try to export the plot in PDF i always get a blank page or some random lines. If i try it with the Example Plot provided in the software i get the Ground Plan layer, but never any symbol or pipe/boom. Am i doing something wrong?
If i export it in .jpg it seems to work fine.
I'm using the newest lxfree version (1.8.2), downloaded a few days ago, Java 1.8 & Windows 7.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There have been some reported instances of trouble exporting PDFs from LXFree for Java. Unfortunately, it has so far been impossible to track down. People have sent the clearly incomplete PDFs as well as the plot that produced them. But, exporting the same plot from any number of test systems (including a Raspberry Pi) produces correct PDF output.

There is a log of exceptions that is found in the Help window. Clicking the "Console Log" link in the lower left of the window will show any messages about problems encountered including a trace of where in the software the exception occurred. The log only contains entries for the current session. So, you'd need to look right after exporting an incomplete PDF to see if there was any helpful information.

No one has sent any log copy that points to the problem. Because PDFs export on some systems and not others, there must be a difference and finding what that is is going to lead to a solution. It seems like the easy things, operating system and Java version are not clues. SO, it must be something else specific to the systems having the difficulty. Because it has been reported on both Linux and Windows, it is less likely to be another installed application causing the issue. One thing that changes between individual systems is fonts. Its possible that the problem plots have used a font that does not work with the PDF export. However, that's just speculation. Only a log file showing an exception or the ability to reproduce the error will lead to a solution.