Minimum Requirements

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
Razor

Minimum Requirements

Post by Razor »

Hi all

can any one tell me what the Minimum Requirements are for LXFree? I'm trying to get work to put on my computer as they don't want me using my personal laptop, and they are asking for the requirements. I did have a look on the site but could not see them.

Thanks for the help
Razor
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXFree for Java requires a minimum of Java 1.7.0. There are not specific system requirements, except that the system has Java installed and it is at least this version.

For example, LXFree for Java will run on a computer with Windows XP from 2001. It won't be fast, but it will work. On the other hand, recent PCs with high DPI displays are not compatible with the current version of Java. LXFree for Java will run on these machines but the display will be tiny. This will not be a problem when Java 1.9 is released. You can download the Java 9 (pre-release) specific version of LXFree for Java and this will solve the issue for now. Java 9 is scheduled to be released later in 2017.