Invalid file

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
scalder

Invalid file

Post by scalder »

I am attempting a file created on a MAC (don't know the version) with my laptop running Windows 10. I am using the Java version. I get an error saying it is an invalid file, but I can open it on someone else's MAC
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Mac versions, LXFree and LXBeams are capable of saving in two formats. They default to .lxxplot which is cross platform and can be used with Windows, Linux and iOS. They also support a Mac-only binary format with the extension .lxplot.

In order to use the file with LXFree for Java running on Windows, open it on a Mac and save it in the XML Plot Document format. Depending on which version of OS X you use, you may want to hold down the option key to change "Duplicate" to "Save As". Because the file is currently stored in binary format, that type will be shown in the popup menu at the bottom of the save sheet. Change the file type to "XML Plot Document" before saving.

You can also use the Export command. However, there are more choices of formats to choose from. With "Save As" there are only two, mac and everything else. If you use Duplicate, you will simply make a copy using the same format.