Pro Features

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
GarageStudio

Pro Features

Post by GarageStudio »

This morning I donated to Claude Heintz Design to be able to use and manage the Pro Features and I still can't manage the Pro Features. Am I missing something?

Please don't get me wrong I do appreciate having a free version of lighting design & report software.

I guess I don't know what happens next.
Matthew Timoszyk
Garage Studio Production Services
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is not necessary to donate to try out the Pro features. In order to use the pro features, you use View->Options and then click the Manage Pro Features button. This will display a dialog window that explains the Pro Features and all you need to do is click the "Yes" button. This opens a web page giving you the opportunity to donate. But, you can close that window and the Pro Features will be active in LXFree for Java until you exit the application.
GarageStudio

Post by GarageStudio »

Since I'm new to the software, what are the Pro Features?
Matthew Timoszyk
Garage Studio Production Services
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Pro features include more in depth capability for editing the support databases. For example, Pro features allow adding key entries and editing the properties of existing entries.

Pro features also include the Beams panel which allows display of beams created by lights in various ways. The Beams panel also allows import of Art-Net or sACN.
paulthom

Post by paulthom »

I am using LX pro for Java version 1.6.0 under Windows 10

I want to change the format of a report (channel list) and when I go to Report Options it says I need to enable the "pro features", I answer Yes and then click on the "Manager Pro Features" button and I then get a message:

"Pro Features for this version of LX Free for Java are no longer available"

Does this mean I can't change the report / format options? Or is there another way of achieving this?

(there doens't seem to be any mention of this on the website, in relation to pro features or paying to get them enabled.

I have used previous version of LX Free under Windows Vista; I find the programd very useful and apart from a few user interface quirks generally easy to use.

thanks
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This should now be fixed for v1.6. Try enabling pro features again.
paulthom

Post by paulthom »

Great, that works now. Thanks