Export Reports?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
sheri

Export Reports?

Post by sheri »

I've successfully exported plots to pdf but can't figure out how to export a report either as a pdf or text. Is there a way to do this? Or to copy and paste report data into another program?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At the moment, the way to export a report is to change the file extension when you select File->Save from the report window.

The default is to save a report template .lxxreport. But, you can also save as HTML by changing the extension to .htm or .html.

At the moment, any other extension results in a tab delimited text file. It is probably most universal to use .txt for this, especially on a system where it is hard to change an extension later.

It should be possible to make the save dialog give you these choices rather than having to manually change the extension. And, there probably should also be a choice to export a cdv file in addition to tabbed text. Look for these in a future update.
sheri

Post by sheri »

I tried both txt and html and they both worked very well. I was able to open both in Excel. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXFree for Java 1.2.1 (6703B) has improved the save dialog for exporting reports so that the available options are much clearer.