Problem when trying to install lxfree

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
othenutt

Problem when trying to install lxfree

Post by othenutt »

I have downloaded both the exe file and the self install file and i keep getting the same error message when trying to install the software it says;

the file zero(empty).lxkey cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'files.CAB'. This could indicate a network error. An error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

:evil:

Any ideas on what im doing wrong or what i need to do to install successfully ?

Cheers , Ollie :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

With what version of Windows does this happen? Can you tell if the message you are seeing is from Windows or from an antivirus program?

LXFree for Java 1.0.16 seems to install correctly on several Windows 7 and XP machines. So, if it is not working for you, there must be some difference that we can track down.

Also, are you sure that you have completely uninstalled the previous version? There used to be a file in the install package that is no longer there. However, having a previous version installed could confuse Windows about what files it expects to see.