Edit Libary

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
damobarrowafc

Edit Libary

Post by damobarrowafc »

Is there a way to add a fixture into the libary as you don't have the fixture for the moving head I have so i've used the mac 2000 wash and the varilite one this is no problem but when i do a report it obviously says the name in the report of and i would like to change this to the name of the head i have is there any way to do this?

Also if you make a ipad verson or a windows version of lx tools pro i'll be a paying user if this happens

Cheers
DamoBarrowAFC
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you create a Symbols report, you can change the name of a symbol by editing the "Item" cell. (Note that only symbols used in the plot will appear in the Symbols report.) You can add a column to the Symbols report and change other fields such as the "Full Name".

The ID field attached to a key entry is what is used to uniquely identify it. Changing the ID field in a Symbols report will cause an exception on versions prior to 1.0.5. The latest version (1.0.5) will create a copy of a key entry when you enter a new ID in the symbols report. (Note that the new symbol appears at the end of the symbols palette but will not appear in the Symbols report because it is not yet in use in the plot.)

The symbol ID field is used to associate a symbol with a key entry. Changing this field will cause the key entry to be represented by a different symbol.

Once you have customized a key, you can either save it for use in other plots. Or, you can simply copy and paste between plots. A copied symbol carries a reference to its key entry and that is transferred when it is pasted.