version 2.6.5 problems

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
ppotocnj

version 2.6.5 problems

Post by ppotocnj »

So far I have used an older version of lxx free for java 8 on windows 10 operating system and everything was fine except for the known difficulties with saving in PDF format. I installed the latest version 2.6.5. and now I have a lot of malfunctions. First does not work STROKE on the text box, box is not visible. Secondly, the text written in the box is not visible. The third adjustment points are not visible when clicking on any object (frame, symbol, fixture, line, etc.) there are no adjustment points unless everything is checked "select all" then it works but disappears if you click anything, there are more errors but it is too much to list them.
I installed the same version on the MACBOOK PRO I think it works everything except I noticed that the key combination for "UNGROUP" objects doesn't work for me. I hope that the bugs will be fixed in the next version because I like the program very much and I was thinking of buying a pro version but I need it for both windows and MAC and now because there are so many problems I'm a little scared .. I would be very grateful if you could solve listed problems in next version. Best regards ..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you post exactly which build of LXFree for Java you are using and which version of Java it is running on? You can get this information by opening the help window ( Help->Help...) and clicking on the "Console Log" link in the lower left.

Also, is this problem specific to a particular file or do these issues happen right away with a new, blank file?

The Console Log may contain a list of exceptions that are being thrown that are preventing these operations from completing normally. It is likely but not certain that this has to do with the specific version of Java being used or something else specific to your computer or to a specific file. If you try several of these things that are not working and see exception information when you look at the console log, you can email the entire log and we will take a look.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can try this: Go to the following page and download the spring2021 temporary license:

https://www.claudeheintzdesign.com/lx/l ... vid19.html

Once you've downloaded the spring2021.lxseriespro file, open LXFree for Java and choose View->Options.

Click the "Import LX Series Pro License" button, locate the "spring2021.lxseriespro" file you downloaded and import it.

This will give you a temporary license for the advanced features of LXFree for Java. The question is if the problem only happens when there is not a pro license installed.

-OR-

You can download v2.6.5 (14612.1) which may have fixed the problem for good.
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Thanks for reply
answer for your first reply:
Yes this issue happen right away with new blank file ond also when i open old file. When old file save with new version old version of LX can not open new saved file. here is LOG CONSOLE :

LXFree for Java 2.6.5 (14518.1)
JRE: 11.0.1
Wed Apr 14 12:23:03 CEST 2021
read time: 3524
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at jlx.LXSymbolsPanel.selectionChange(LXSymbolsPanel.java:632)
at jlx.LXInspectorPanel.setupWithSelection(LXInspectorPanel.java:1392)
at jlx.LXInspectorPanel.selectionChange(LXInspectorPanel.java:1422)
at jlx.JLXFrame.selectionChange(JLXFrame.java:2487)
at jlx.LXSelectionManager.selectionChange(LXSelectionManager.java:252)
at jlx.LXViewMouseInputListener.mouseReleased(LXViewMouseInputListener.java:195)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6632)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6397)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5008)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4840)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
at jlx.LXSymbolsPanel.selectionChange(LXSymbolsPanel.java:636)
at jlx.LXViewMouseInputListener.mouseReleased(LXViewMouseInputListener.java:195)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at jlx.LXSymbolsPanel.selectionChange(LXSymbolsPanel.java:636)
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Thanks for advice to download latest version.
So far I have tried the new version and the bugs have been fixed. I will also try a new version on the MAC to see if the ungroup combination key works on MAC

Here is New CONSOLE LOG:
LXFree for Java 2.6.5 (14612.1)
JRE: 11.0.1
Wed Apr 14 12:40:15 CEST 2021
read time: 3388

Thank you.
If I see another mistake I'll let you know
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

I tried a new version on a MAC computer and the key combination (Option + command + U) does not work as a ungroup command.
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Thanks for advice for download the spring2021 temporary license:

https://www.claudeheintzdesign.com/lx/l ... vid19.html

but download is not possible
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXFree for Java is not supported on MacOS. LXFree, which is Mac-only, is a different, separate application. If you are running LXFree for Java on MacOS, I'm not sure how because a Mac installer is not available.

If you are running LXFree and not LXFree for Java on MacOS and the ungroup command does not work, it is likely that you have something installed that is interfering with LXFree receiving the keyboard shortcut. This would be some extension that uses that particular key combination for something else.
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Of course on MAC I use the lxfree version for mac. On a MacBook pro I use LXFree Version 5.9.3. (17110.2)

YOU ARE GENIUS. i checked the mac system settings and turned off the option to control the keyboard shortcuts in zoom fuction and now everything works. Thank you very much
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Please if you can tell me why an old file made with an old version of Lxxfree for java or Lxxfree has a size of eg 7.5Mb and when I open that same file with a new version of Lxxfree for java or Lxxfree and save it it becomes about 35 Mb in size. It increases five to six times. I tried on a few files and the same thing happens. Is that how it should be?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Without being able to compare the files, the most likely cause is due to imported graphics. There are file storage options on both applications that will change the size of a stored file. These are found in LXFree->Preferences on Mac and View->Options with LXFree for Java.

A large difference can be if you select to store imported graphics as JPG or PNG. JPG is a compressed format that can save considerable size. But, it does not support transparency. For that reason PNG is a better option, but results in a larger file. Depending on how you've set imported PDFs to be stored, these can increase file size as well. What you give up in file size increases cross platform consistency.

This is now a new question and has nothing to do with the original topic. To continue this discussion, please start a new topic.
ppotocnj

Post by ppotocnj »

Thank you