A3 Printing and Text Box Question

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
drsnod

Post by drsnod »

Hi All

Just starting out and these may be stupid question However..
When starting new plot I have Selected A3 as a size for the plot. However when printing I don't seem to be able to select A3 as a paper size (a4 and smaller are present. What am I missing ?

Also when I am inserting a text box into a plot I am unable to remove the restraining Box (I can make the line thickness change) Is there a way to hide the box . I

This is on LXfree for Java on Windows 10
Thanks in advance
drsnod

Post by drsnod »

Re installed HP printer driver and the A# issue is resolved.
Can anyone Help with the text box issue
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Assuming that you are running LXFree for Java on Windows, the page setup and print dialogs are provided by the operating system. If you can't choose the desired paper size in the page setup, try clicking Properties->Advanced after you have selected the printer you want to use.

If you have a box around a text field that you created with the text tool, the most likely reason is that you have set the Format->Tool->Text Tool option to draw circuit boxes.

Only the very latest build of LXFree for Java/OpenJDK on Windows has an option to convert the type of text object once it has been drawn. With the latest build, you can convert your circuit field into a plain field by choosing Format->Convert->Text->To Plain.