Exporting as image or pdf

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
George

Exporting as image or pdf

Post by George »

I was wondering if there is a way to change the export resolution of an image in lxfree. I have tried exporting as pdf as it exports in high quality although that will only allow me to export one layer. Image showing quality loss when exported as image

I was wondering if there were any solutions to either being able to export 2 layers at once in PDF or changing the exporting resolution of the image export option.

Many Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A PDF export should export all layers. Sometimes there are elements in a PDF that do render in some PDF viewers. So it might appear as a partial PDF image. If on Windows, try viewing with the Edge browser not Adobe Acrobat Viewer.

You can increase the effective resolution of exported bitmaps by zooming in before choosing File->Export->Image File... Also, you may get a larger but better quality image by changing the file extension to .png instead of the default .jpg.
George

Post by George »

I have a visio file that I am trying to use as a background as it has the ground plan of the venue, I have tried exporting as PDF as apparently lxfree should support pdf files. "LXFree will import graphic files that are recognized by the operating system: PDF, TIFF, JPG, etc. Find the file in the Finder, select it and choose "Copy". Then, in LXFree switch to the layer in which you want to place the graphic and choose "Paste", I have tried exporting the visio files as jpg png and bmp which works fine and I can import the files into lxfree but none of them will export over pdf.

I have just tried the zooming in before saving as image trick and I must say thank you ever so much, works really well.

Many Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXFree running on MacOS will import PDF files. (MacOS supports PDF.)

LXFree for Java is a different application than LXFree. LXFree for Java running on Windows will import some PDFs but lacks support for the PDF format from the operating system.

To import a PDF into LXFree for Java, select Format->Insert->Graphic from File...