Stroke issues

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
Pierre Daubigny

Stroke issues

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

Hi Claude !

Here are 2 issues I have not been able to solve :

A/ Position's name
I often use a color code for positions (for instance blue is for hanging light, green is for drops, red is for carpentry, etc.) and having the position’s text in the same colour makes the plot easier to read. For a few months (I cannot remember since which version precisely) I have been unable to modify positions’ text. Whatever color I choose, it appears black. Is there any chance that this could be fixed?

B / Stroke color
It is a pity that the software keeps no memory of the recent choices. For instance I often use pink to designate floor-lever light and avoid confusion with hung light. When I add a fixture I must remember the exact pink I used 10 minutes before. There exists a “recent� field in the “swatches� toolbar but unfortunately it applies only to the choices made since I opened that window and not to the recent choices made in the document.

LXFree for Java Version 2.6.4
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issue with the color for a position's name text field is because the Set Stroke color of Info Fields option in the Automatic tab of the preferences is enabled. This was working incorrectly and preventing a uniform color from being assigned across all name fields, which is what it is supposed to do. Because it wasn't working it prevented any color from being assigned at all. If you want to color code name fields, make sure this option is not selected (View->Options, Automatic tab).

Another way of setting properties of all similar fields at once is to select a light or position. Then, in the info table, right-click the name of the field. One of the options allows you to select all of this type of fields in the drawing. Then, you can set properties as if you had manually selected all the fields.

The recent colors in the color picker now persist between uses. If you want to reset the color picker, hold down the control key when clicking on a color swatch to change a color.

These changes are in the latest build of LXFree for Java 2.6.5 (14518.1).
Pierre Daubigny

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

It now works perfectly, thank you very much !
Pierre