Thanks Claude

General discussion of other lighting topics with an emphasis on software topics not covered in the support/feedback category.
Johan Söderberg

Thanks Claude

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I´ve been using LX free now for my last two performances just to give it a chance and to evaluate the thing in a proper and realistic environment.
The result is, shortly, that it works, and it works well.
It takes some time to get to know, and it has many limitations - but it sure works.
Considering that it is free I must say its far far more than priceworthy.

So thank you, and thank you again for providing this generous service to us all.
I don´t know how a program like this is made, which problems or issues you may have had to pass but Im certain it must be a job that takes all of your attention and effort for some time.

I just want to thank you for sharing that time so generously with me and all my colleagues.

Thanks Claude.

Good job done.
Last edited by Johan Söderberg on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:)
Johan Söderberg

Feels like this was ages ago. but its only three years!
LXConsole has undergone great, fantastic, improvements since then.

I think, reading this old conversation, that it would be appropriate to have a special forum listing for" thanks and ideas about sponsorship".

I understand that as a forum admin you will feel very awkward about that, but I really think our (all users) mutual gratitude needs some kind of channel. Im getting tired of myself ending all my postings on this list with some token of my gratitude. It feels just silly and as a repetitive necessity.

I'm ashamed of the multitude of postings (im noted as number one in the list!) and all the troubles I may have caused you over these three years and hope they have been, in some sense, as helpful for you as they certainly have for all of us users

SO: Why not step it up some, be the f***ing bold American guy and make a stand?
Give us a listing in this forum for our very modest, well dimensioned, gratitude.

Thanks again.
:)
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

I agree. Great app. I feel sorry for all those LDs still wasting their time with Vectorworks and Lightwright.
Lanternz
Johan Söderberg

Another fine upgrade.

Its good to see that in your latest upgrade there comes even more free downloadlinks, and also a shortcut link to a page where one can simply put a few dollars to support the further development.

I'd say that's probably one of the best improvements to the LXFree series so far!
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

Picking up this old thread.

I totally second what Johan and Lanternz said.
i am a very happy user of LX Series (especially LXBeams).
I use it all year around, and done many gigs with it.

Just recently I designed a show, and had all my beams in my LxBeams lighting plan all worked out, and checked and double checked.
Several shots were quite tight and I had very little leeway between limited rigging points and other constrains (flying scenic elements etc..).
Ok, we get to the load in day, the crew installs and flash the rig.
We begin the focussing session, and light after light, the actual beams on stage were 100% spot on with what I had in my plan.

I know how theatre lighting works, and I know that LxBeams is a great software, but still, it was a great feeling!

We went through the focussing session real quick, we didn't have to move a single fixture, and proceeded to work on the show file well ahead of schedule (but kept this secret to the production manager :)

Thanks Claude