Direct position entry

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Direct position entry

Post by lanternz »

I find it very useful to let the crew rig from the "location" column on an instrument schedule. On an overhead lx I can refine the instrument position by directly entering the x location in the ruler tab. This cleans up some overly obsessive position so the crew can rig at 2.5m rather than 2.49! But on a boom this does not work and I can not seem to see how I can get this location on a boom directly entered in the info tab. And direct entry in the instrument schedule does not seem to work. A location entry in the info tab with direct entry would be very handy.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the latest build 5.3.3 (14010.1) you can enter values into the location column of a light list report.

If you are going down the column for a center layout position, it may be faster to enter positive numbers instead of "SL " and negative numbers for the other side. For example, "-3m" instead of "SR 3m". The designations "SL " and "SR " are currently not flexible and must be entered exactly as indicated, two capital letters and a space.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Seems to work backwards. Enter +1m and instrument moves to 1m SR. In the unmodified instrument schedule it reads as SL 0.98m. If I enter SL 1m it then reads SR 1m! It does however work - just backwards.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It does not work like that for me. Have you changed the notation preferences? Or, if those are the default, can you send me the plot with the position that works backwards?

The SL/SR +/- applies to positions that have a center layout. The SR/SL location entry assumes that the top of the page is upstage. This can and probably should be changed to match the notation preferences.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually getting the direction right depends on quite a few factors including if the position is drawn from left-to-right or right-to-left.

I believe 5.3.3 (14011.1) takes this into account as well as uses the preferences for direction notation to parse the location entered into a report.

This is now posted as the latest build.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Great, thanks Claude. Fixed.
Lanternz