text color in the channel window of lxconsole

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Edzo

text color in the channel window of lxconsole

Post by Edzo »

Hi Claude,
So far so good I decided to buy LxBeams. (I decided it before, but I didn't have the occasion and time to do so, and to start puzzling with it, now I did)

One question about the lxdconfig file imported in lxconsole: Is there any way to change the color of imported text in the channel window?? It's sort of darkish green, and on the screen I use in theatre, which is set dark of course, it is almost not visible. And I like to keep using the black backgroundcolor.

thanks!
Edzo

Post by Edzo »

itthe versions are: Lxbeams Version 5.2.0 (13407.1) and Lxconsole Version 5.3.0 (12112.1)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The display config import just defines where the channels are located. The background and text colors in LXConsole vary depending on context. You can choose the colors using the View->Display Options command. You can define different display setups and have a set of colors for each. For example, you might prefer a brighter set of colors for cuing, and a dimmer set for running a show.

You can set the default colors that are used when importing a configuration of channels or creating a new configuration by selecting them in the colors tab of the preferences.
Edzo

Post by Edzo »

Thank you, I already knew this methods. I only mean the color of imported text, ig. "Front L506" for example. It seems it is not possible to change the color. Now it appears in a too dark green.

Greetings, Edzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXConsole, 5.3.3 (12303.1), separates the colors used to draw labels and lines in custom display configurations and allows you to change them.

Previously, labels and lines were drawn with the colors chosen for static levels and unpatched channels respectively.

The latest build of LXBeams, 5.2.1 (13503.1) now adds the stroke color of labels and lines that are not black to the export of LXConsole .lxdconfig files.
Edzo

Post by Edzo »

Superb!!! :D Thanks for the fast action taken!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There was an issue with LXConsole's Display Options sheet where custom colors could be lost. This is fixed in today's latest build, Version 5.3.3 (12304.1).

Also, LXBeams automatically converts plain text fields to styled text when it detects a change in the text attributes (font/color, etc.) somewhere in the middle of the contents. This conversion happens after edinting the contents of a textfield. Plain textfields are the kind that are exported to display configuration files. And, it seems that LXBeams, at least on the latest version of MacOS, is almost always converting plain fields to styled after editing. Because styled text fields don't export in display configuration files, this caused a lot of likely unnecessary use of Format->Convert->Text Field->To Plain to get the text to import into LXConsole.

So, today's latest build of LXBeams, 5.2.1 (13504.1), will only automatically convert to styled when there is a change in font or foreground color. This preserves some of the advantage of automatic conversion to a styled field while minimizing unexpected (and invisible) conversions.