Request: fixture type in Color Count report

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Fausto

Request: fixture type in Color Count report

Post by Fausto »

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column in the Color Count report, specifying the fixture type, and not only the frame size?

In the majority of the venue I work in (Sydney NSW), the electricians will know the size of the gel cut by mentioning the name of the fixture, but would get totally lost if I had to mention the size in inches of the gel frames (and so would I to be honest).

In other words, the day to day vocabulary is: "can you please provide 4 cuts of R132 for Source4 19deg", and that's immediately understood.

I am requesting this new feature because I find myself very often having to manually tweak the Color Count report, adding the fixture type, before sending my lighting documentation for a show, and sometimes it's a fairly big job.

Hopefully this is an easy implementation for future releases! it would save me a lot of time!

cheers, and thanks again for providing an amazing software,
Fausto
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXBeams, 5.1.2 (13214.1), has an option to count color by fixture type instead of frame size.

With a color count report tab open, select View->Report->Report Options.

In the Sort/Configure tab there's a check box labeled "Count by Fixture type".
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

Amazing! Thank you very much!!!!

My question is now, how do I get LXBeams latest build 5.1.2 with this new feature?
If I click on "Check for Update", LXBeams is telling me that my software is up to date, but I am running 5.1.0

I apologise in advance if this is a dull question.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXBeams latest builds can be downloaded from the download. You received a link to this page in your license e-mail. Alternatively, you can visit the download request page and put in the e-mail you used when purchasing the license http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/lxseri ... nload.html. You'll get an e-mail with the link.

On the download page there is a section called "More Downloads". The latest build is the first link listed.
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

Thanks heaps for navigating me to the download page.

I haven't received a link to my licence e-mail, but have found the page following your instructions.

I have installed the latest build and the colour count report with fixture name works perfectly. Huge time saver for me :)

thanks again for the prompt support and software implementation!

Fausto