Request - Layers in Section view

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
blacklite

Request - Layers in Section view

Post by blacklite »

I'm currently working on a production that has a large set on a revolve. I need to work in section view on two very different background graphics. I have tried associated a graphic with a layer, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there any chance of a quick way of turning on and off multiple background graphics in section view being added as a feature?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fully layered section views would require a major revision and may or may not be a good idea. However, there may be a middle ground between full separate layers and accomplishing what you want which is switching background graphics to make the section more useful in multi-set situations.

The basic LXSeries design is that a section view draws one layer of background graphics plus objects in any visible layers that have a representation using the Z axis or height.

The current version will move selected background graphics from a section view to a plan layer if the Format->Arrange->Send to Layer command is used. A simple solution to your issue is modify this command so it will associate selected background graphics in a section view with a plan view layer. The visibility of these objects will then be controlled by that layer's visibility.

I think it would be highly uncommon to move graphics out of a section view to a plan layer. And, if necessary, this can still be done with copy and paste. So, modifying the existing command makes sense as a way to allow layer-like control over visibility of objects in a section view.

This is available in LXBeams latest build Version 5.0.1 (12520.1).
blacklite

Post by blacklite »

This is fantastic and works perfectly.

Many thanks.