Scary function

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Scary function

Post by lanternz »

Accidentally hit option / arrow left and all my carefully prepared lighting drawing disappeared from the screen just leaving the background pdf of the set. Eventually discovered, after several very nervous moments, that option / arrow right brought it back again. Is this a documented and intended key stroke function?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that's an old MacDraw thing that has been a part of LXBeams for a long time. Back before PowerPoint, MacDraw used this kind of feature as way of making a slideshow. What it does is cycle through the layers individually. It does not delete anything, it just turns layers on and off.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Ahh, I see. If I had only had my layers tab open I might have seen that. Pity that option/shift doesn't turn them all back on again. Is there a key stroke function to get all layers turned back on? Option / arrow just seems to cycle through them one at a time without getting them all back on again.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It makes more sense, now that there is the ability to save views, to make these keystrokes (option&left/right arrow) step through the saved views instead of the layers. If you desire it to step through a single layer at a time, you can save views with only a single layer visible. But, a saved view can have any combination of visible layers. So, switching between views makes more sense because it increases the flexibility of the feature.

This change is now available in the latest build, 4.9.5 (12411.1).