faces import not to scale

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
fenblett

faces import not to scale

Post by fenblett »

Hi Claude,

Thanks for years of your work and a great application! I've been using maclux then LXBeams since 2007 in simple 2d ways, first as a free user and later (once I was earning) with a license and it has been so great!

Also a Sketchup user I'm now importing .faces files and find that everything I import is about 4% larger in LXBeams than Sketchup.

Have tried very simple models and more complicated vectors and it is still importing into LXBeams slightly larger than drawn.

Yosemite 10.10.3
LXBeams Version 4.0.2
SketchupPro Version 15.2.686

Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I believe this is fixed in the latest build 4.0.5.

You don't indicate but I think that you are probably importing into a plot using scale meters. .faces files are in feet and inches. While these were being correctly converted when exported/imported, there was a discrepancy in interpreting the "real" measurements into scale measurements. All imports were done at 1:48 instead of 1:50. Now, the receiving scale is accounted for.
fenblett

Post by fenblett »

Thanks, yes you're right I am importing in metres.
I downloaded the latest build and it all imported correctly.
Side note that the version I had was telling me the software was up to date.

Thanks again. You guys do a great job!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Latest Builds do not trigger an update notice. They are the most recent additions. However, that also means they have not been widely used. Sometimes fixing a problem on one system causes another for someone else. So, when software has been around as a latest build and been used for a bit, it is moved to be a release and the update notice is triggered. That being said, there are a couple of fixes in the early revisions of version 4.0 that will get released as version 4.1 sometime soon. You could consider version 4.0.5 which is available today as a release candidate.
fenblett

Post by fenblett »

Yes I downloaded 4.0.5

Working fine so far :)