Styled Text Bug

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
blacklite

Styled Text Bug

Post by blacklite »

There seems to be a bug in the styled text editing box. If the plot is zoomed to something other than actual size and then a styled text object is double clicked so it can be edited, the size of the text becomes tiny if the plot is zoomed in and larger than what it should be if zoomed out. I'm imagining this has something to do with LXBeams rendering the text in a styled box for the "actual size" zoom level. This doesn't happen with any of the object attributes (Channel# etc. etc.) which scale appropriately.

Cheers

Ben
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are some issues with how a styled text editing view scales (zooms). A bug report has been filed with Apple. But, as of the latest 10.10.3, it still doesn't work as expected. The solution was to force editing to be at actual (un-zoomed size) so that there weren't worse problems.

The latest build tries a new method which trades off display of the focus ring (the blue keyboard focus indicator drawn around an active text input control) and keeping the vertical size of the text area when it is not editing. But, you can now edit in the same size as the text is displayed in the current zoom rather than always editing at actual size, even though the zoom will cause the text to be larger or smaller when editing ends.

It appears that these tradeoffs are necessary for now. If a fix or workaround for the focus ring or vertical constraint appears in later versions of OS X 10.10, those things will get fixed. But for now, this appears to be the best result available.
blacklite

Post by blacklite »

First impressions of this fix are very positive. It definitely seems to eliminate the "I can't see what I'm typing" problem which is the annoying part of the issue I was having.

Many thanks.