Weights

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Weights

Post by lanternz »

How do I get metric weights to stick? If I need to load a library key to pick a new instrument for a drawing I find, for example, that all the ETC S4s that I have converted to metric weights shift back to their pound weights.
Also how can I get the reports to collate the total instrument weight for a position?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXBeams will display the weight in the Key Entry Info sheet in the plot's measurement system regardless of how it has been entered and stored in the Key Record.

To show the total of weights in an Instrument Schedule report, choose View->Report->Report Options and in the Sort/Configure tab check the Division Summary box.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Thanks that works now. However I have another issue about re-loading a key where the inventory drops back to zero. For example I have a drawing with a range of fixed beam source 4s with the inventory numbers entered. I need to swap out some SL zooms for source 4 zooms and so loaded the etc key and selected the s4 zoom. I then find that all the inventory numbers for the other fixed beam units have disappeared.

Thanks for the weights calculation tip. It's not immediately clear from the title of the check box what this does "calculated division summary" - does it do other things as well?
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Another question - how and where can I get trim heights to appear in a report.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is now a bit off the topic of the original post.

How a plot is updated when a key is loaded is controlled by the Updates tab of the preferences. You can choose to have the new key update the existing properties (which will include the inventory). Or, leave the existing properties untouched. Or, you can have LXBeams ask you what to do each time a key is loaded.

The latest build allows you to add a height or note column to a Positions report.

Also, when show divisions and calculated division summary are enabled for an Instrument Schedule, the trim height will appear in the second column next to the position name.