Rendering is mighty slow.

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

Rendering is mighty slow.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I rendered a one hour HD video just last week and was very impressed with how fast my latest laptop managed that. Took about five minutes!

Its a Powerbook with 16Gb ram, NVIDIA Ge Force GT 650M 1024 Mb for graphics and running OSX 10.10.

Now tonight Im trying to render some models in my LXBeams plot (version 3.6.0 (9312A)) but the result feels a bit 1993.

But Ok, Ive put hundreds of 3d objects in the plot so yes Im pushing it a bit, but I thought it ought to work, at least.

It doesnt.
Theres no understandable image produced in the Model window and the rendering leads to softwarecrash in all cases except the ones when it finishes in something pretty abstract and always with a very displaced model. Quite useless actually, that model window.

Now I dont mind much. Ive never understood the purpose of that model window. Best use Ive ever had of it has been in explaining RGB and CMYK for beginners.
To me as a professional its not very interesting at the level it is and it could be dumped out as far as Im concerned. It doesnt help me as a lightingdesigner, possibly as a teacher, but there are other and better tools for that.

Why is it so slow and what's its future plans?

Greetings Johan.