request: Scenes from Subs.

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

request: Scenes from Subs.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

in LXConsole one can now use Submasters as steps in chase effects, and that´s very nice.

Now I wonder if it could be the same when you setup buttons for "scenes" in the live window.
So that at the setup for each "scene" there was a column for Sub also.

Cues will always be seen in my cuesheet and some of the scenes Im planning to do don't really belong in the cuesheet. So Subs would be preferred in most cases.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a new "Latest Build" version of LXConsole 3.6.1 (8015A) that allows you to use subs as presets for live scenes. To use a sub in place of a cue in the Live window setup tab/scenes table, enter SUB-<number> instead of a cue number, eg. Sub one would be entered "SUB-1".

Scenes will playback subs as if they were cues. This is different than setting the level of a sub using the command line, MIDI or OSC. This behavior is more like how subs are used as presets for effects.

Subs can have times associated with them. An effect will use these times when playing back a preset obtained from a sub unless the override option is enabled. A live scene that uses a sub as a preset will also fade into that scene using the sub's up/down times.
Johan Söderberg

Thanks!

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Yup. I just tested and it worked just fine. Great!

But I suggest, with this solution, that the column also ought to change name to make it clearer.
In the live window, setup tab, the two columns could be:

"Label" and "Cue/Sub"
or
"Label" and "#/Sub-#"
or
"Label" and "Preset"

or something else..

Just so that one gets a hint that it's not necessarily only a cuenumber one can use in that field.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Build 8016A changes the column label to "Preset" and has a tool tip if you hover the mouse over the word "Preset" that tells you that means cue# or SUB-#.