a few requests

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

a few requests

Post by Johan Söderberg »

If my computer goes into restmode I loose the ethernet connection from LXConsole and need to reconnect. Can this be done automatically as soon as I wake it up again?

And

If I close the program and then reopen it I can get the last show to pop up automatically and to show the live window as before I closed it.
But I'd like it to remember also that I had the channel control and effects window open before I shut it down. These two now don't reopen automatically.

Greetings from a relatively young Swede ;-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's a new build of LXConsole available, 3.6.0 (7925A), which adds saving of the visibility of auxiliary windows to a .lxcues file. It also adds a new method of restarting sending DMX via ethernet after computer sleep.

The latter is the more difficult problem as the operating system does not notify applications when a network interface becomes available. So, you sort of have to just keep trying to send something. But, LXConsole is designed to inform you of a network error right away so that the interface can be restarted immediately after the error is fixed. (might be an unplugged ethernet cable or loss of wireless signal). In any case, simply ignoring errors is not a wise choice. But, perhaps ignoring errors for a short time after the computer wakes is a good idea because the app may wake faster than the network interface. But, it should work again after a short period. This is the strategy adopted by the latest build, specifically for DMX output via ethernet which is sent continuously.