section view flip

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

section view flip

Post by lanternz »

I am not sure if this is an unintended consequence or just me being sloppy in how I use the app. But if you look at a section view and make some modification - shift the background drawing (I always import the section of the theatre and show into this view) or accidentally select it, then it remains selected when you go back the main plot and if for example you rotate the angle of a selected instrument then the section view will also rotate. Same thing applies if you drag or arrow shift a position on the main drawing - if the section view had remained selected it will also shift. Make sure you lock the background drawing once you have got it set correctly! Or could we have the section always deselect when shifting back to the main plot as the front window?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It turns out that this is another unintended side effect of the change that gives priority for selection to an already selected object. This feature was added to make it easier to select and manipulate objects that are in close or overlapping proximity to each other, without having to manipulate the drawing (front/back) order.

The bug is fixed in the latest build v3.4.4 (8906A). A selected underlying image in a section view will get deselected as expected when clicking on another object in the main plot. The reason for allowing simultaneous selection and not clearing the selection when shifting between plan and section is to allow an object to be selected in plan view and manipulated in section view.

Lanternz advice about locking an underlying image in section view after getting it aligned is very good. (my SOP) Imported graphics could be locked automatically. But then, you'd have to unlock them to align them which is usually the very next step.