text glitch?

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

text glitch?

Post by lanternz »

If you change the font size of a position label using the font inspector, it does not re-size the field if you then go back. I accidentally made the font very big - 78 point but when I went back to my preferred 10 point size the field remained very large which meant I was then unable to select some positions. Turning the label drawing off and then on again re-sized the field. Is this a glitch or a desirable feature?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

On the Mac, you can back out of a font change using undo. The size of a text field does not change when you change the font because it is possible that it is desired to have extra space around the text.

The font is the same for all info fields of the same type. This is primarily a means of distinguishing what the text refers to. If all colors are italic and all channels are bold, it makes the plot clearer.

Because of the unified font of info fields it is probably less likely for a need for extra space around these fields and more desirable for the size to be automatically adjusted for the font. So, the latest version of LXFree 1.1.5 resizes info fields when the font is changed. If you do want extra space, you'll need to adjust that after the font is set.

As before, other text fields created with the text tool are not resized when the font is changed unless they need to be made larger to accommodate their text.