Rotated objects.

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

Rotated objects.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

If I draw a rectangle and rotate it from lying down to a more vertically standing position it wil change but I´ll get no info in the inspector showing the exact angle Ive changed to.

(If id made a line instead I would get info about the lines direction.)

Now lets say id like to mark that first and now standing rectangle to drag in a marker to make it longer. The logical place to drag it would be the upper or lower middle marker, but that wont work. The object, no matter how its oriented reacts as if it wasnt rotated at all and the original setting was unchanged.

So this now standing tall rectangle needs to be pulled in one of its middle side markers to be made longer because when I first drew it it was lying down.

After some time of duplication and alteration of objects this gets quite confusing. Its hard to tell in advance what exactly will happen if you try dragging an objects markers.

Running LXBeams Version 3.1.1 (77A29)
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The resizing of rotated rectangles and ovals is improved in the latest build 3.1.9 (8015A)
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Now using: Version 3.1.9 (8015A)

I still have the problem that the handles of a rotated object end up far from the object itself.

Im drawing a stage where lots of pipes are in a 45 degree angle and these get marked wherever I click in my plot. The handles show up far from the object so quite often I happen to move these lines around unintentionally.
:)
erum

Post by erum »

If I for instance mark five individual squares and pull in one of its corners it will only change the size on that marked object, not all of them. Thats OK I guess, even though I did expect them all to change, since they were all marked.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To change a set of objects in that manner, group them first. Alter them. And then ungroup.