Text alignment

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

Text alignment

Post by Johan Söderberg »

If I mark a textblock and under < format / text > choose left right or middle - nothing happens.

But if I mark the text itself I can see the text aligh as specified. However that only lasts as long each letter is marked. As soon as I let them go they are aligned to the left again.

If the textblock is larger than the text, I can push a text to the laft or right side of the textblock, but it still remains aligned to the left.

Running LXBeams Version 3.1.1 (77A29)
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What you want to use is a styled text area rather than a simple text field. This allows you full paragraph style control as well as the ability to mix styles within the text area.

To make your text field into a styled text area, select it and use Format->Convert->Text Field to Styled.

You can set the text tool to always draw styled text areas by selecting Format->Tool->Text Tool->Styled (this is in the latest build--earlier versions had a command called "Set Text Tool to Styled").

The alignment of text in a regular text field refers to its position inside the text field box, not a paragraph style. Text fields always have a left aligned paragraph style. Even though you can change this in the editing box, the text field will always return to left aligned paragraphs when it is drawn. Text fields are really designed for a single line of text used as a label. More complicated text formatting requires that you use the styled type of text object.