export from MacLuxPro

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
paulje

export from MacLuxPro

Post by paulje »

When I try to open a newly exported MacLuxPro 2.2 plot, it won't open and I get an error message of "Parse Error: mismatched tag/text" Happens whether I try to open with LXBeams 3.1.2 or LXFree 3.0.4 Original plot is titled "Jury light plot - '10" and it exports as a .lxx file. I've tried saving the export as "Jury light plot" and "Jury plot," neither of which makes any difference.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

you can e-mail the exported plot and we can have a look to see what the issue is.

It is probably something specific to that plot like an unexpected blank field or similar that caused MacLux Pro not to export proper XML. The only way to tell is to examine the output for a clue about what the problem might be.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for sending the file.

MacLux Pro does not properly encode text that contains ">" and "<" characters. The solution I used is to open the .lxx file with a text editor and search for '</text>'. This lets you find the offending lines that look like:

<text>
< 20' 9" to C/L >
</text>

well formed XML of the same should look like this:

<text>< 20&apos;9" to C/L ></text>

The problem is not so much with the apostrophe and quotation marks but with the '<' and '>' that are not encoded as '<'; and '>' respectively. The LXSeries XML parser reads the text as a tag which produces the error.

Editing the text manually and replacing only the offending '<' and '>' within the text tag allows the file to open in an LXSeries application. (Global search and replace will NOT work because these characters define a tag in XML!)

The other option is to use MacLux Pro and remove any '<' and '>' characters in text fields. Then, the export will be clean and will open in LXSeries applications.

The error is in MacLux Pro's primitive XML export. But, a new version of MacLux Pro that fixes this is not possible. So, you have to use a work around.