Device values and Entry info under the Setup Menu.

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

Device values and Entry info under the Setup Menu.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

These two windows come and go a bit as they like in LXBeams version 3.03.(7513)

I can under some circumstances that I havent quite figured out yet, see one but not the other.
The only thing Im certain of is that they can never be shown both at the same time.

So I shut the program down without saving and restart and voila: - the new document will open showing what I previously requested to see...
Its a bit confusing and hard to describe, try it out.
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The entry info sheet and device values panel appear to be working properly. Can you explain more specifically about your problem? Are you referring to the windows not appearing, the menu items being unavailable, or seeing "Not Available" in the window?
Johan Söderberg

The Entry info window has no name and no red/yellow/green buttons for window control.
Its not free floating but always stuck in the upper center of the plot.

The "Device values" window is called "device info", has those buttons and can be moved around.

If Ive opened and closed "Device values" two times I no longer can open the Entry info and vice versa.
-
If I close any one of the two windows and save my file.
Then the next time I open that file the window I failed to open before will show up upon opening.
--
Johan Söderberg

system...

Im starting to think this has something to do with my system or its settings.

Recently Ive started having a problem with Filemaker Pro as well. That is most unusual, cant remember it ever happened before.
It complains almost every time I open it that it wasnt properly closed. If I notify Apple and retry it can be opened again.

I run system 10.8.3
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try the latest build (7531) and see if that fixes the problem with the device info panel not showing after it has been closed.

The entry info sheet is a modal sheet that is attached to a document window. It will not appear when there is no document window and must be closed before other operations on the document can proceed.
armia741

Post by armia741 »

The "Device values" window is called "device info", has those buttons and can be moved around.