Gobo procedures

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Gobo procedures

Post by lanternz »

I find that sometimes a gobo gets counted as an instrument number. Here is one sequence that seems to reproduce the problem. Use insert / group with gobo symbol, change instrument type (this may not be an essential step). Bar numbering will be correct. Ungroup the instrument, drag it off the position and then drag it back into position so that the gobo is on the same position as the instrument - you should see the instrument numbers change as the gobo is added.

I also have a question about the equipment count report. I have a nearly complete drawing and I open the report. I add inventory numbers to the complete report. I then go back to the drawing and adjust the instrumentation, when I come back to the report I find that not all the inventory numbers have stuck. Some do and some don't. Recently I had to re-do the S419 count 3 times before it stuck.

I am using latest build on fully updated Mac.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The gobo issue is fixed in v3.0.3.

A guess as to what happened with the inventory numbers is that you loaded a key without using that symbol in the plot.

When a key is loaded, any unused entries in the current key are removed. When a key entry is removed, any changed information, such as the inventory is lost.

So, if you loaded the "etc" key and entered your 19 degree inventory. But, didn't actually draw a 19 degree before you loaded another key, then the inventory would be lost. This would be true even if you again loaded the "etc" key from the library and had the 19 degree symbol available again.

To allow for setting up a key from various sources without actually drawing lights in order to keep them, v3.0.3 adds an option to prevent a key entry from being removed.

The popup in the key entry properties sheet has a "Keep in Key" menu item. Also, you can add a "keep" column to the symbol count report that allows you to set/unset the removal prevention option right in that report.