Inspector issue

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Inspector issue

Post by lanternz »

A problem sometimes comes up in the display of the info window of the inspector. The top lines of information are totally right down to the "More" section. By blank I mean there is nothing there at all. I try closing and re-opening the inspector but that does not fix it, neither does closing and re-opening the show file. Quitting and re-starting the app fixes it. I am as yet unable to pin down in what circumstances it occurs but I have just updated to v3 and it is still happening from time to time.
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Possibly something to do with some combination of the following sequence. Select instrument, create beam, drag beam to new focus point and re-size beam. Not quite sure what the sequence is as I am as yet unable to re-produce it but it does seem to be to do with returning to the info field after dragging a focus change.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Has anyone been able to reproduce this? Any method that causes this to happen, even if it is most of the time, would help. Actually, even a screen shot of the problem would be OK because it is hard to guess at a problem you can't see.

The latest build 7425 has a minor modification to the scroll view that holds the table in the info tab. That might make a difference and it might not. (Its hard to be sure when just guessing at the problem.)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its my best guess that this is a clipping issue. However, efforts to reproduce it were unsuccessful.

It may be a bug in how older resizing masks are converted into constraints on Lion and later.

With build 7427 this conversion is inhibited and hopefully that solves the problem. Resizing masks are used instead of constraints.

Also added to build 7427 is a check (and recovery attempt if needed) which is run each time you switch to the info tab. If the problem should reappear, this may allow you to reset by switching away from the info tab and back, rather than being forced to restart the entire application.