Intentional or glitch

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Intentional or glitch

Post by lanternz »

Build 7126. Can't load or remove unused symbols from palette while any instrument is displaying a beam.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does this happen with all plots or a specific one? Does the Messages window show any exception when you try to do this?
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

All plots, or at least the 6 that I have tried. No messages.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This issue is resolved in build 7210.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

A new one, maybe inconsequential but reproducible. Create a beam for a profile and adjust for correct beam size. Then Insert/ Group with gobo symbol. The beam display changes size. Ungroup and it goes back to original size. Is this a calculation based on gobo gate size or a little glitch? Build 7210 OS 10.8.2.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Perhaps there is something seemingly unrelated that is causing this. Can you reproduce it with a new blank plot or is it specific to a plot you are working on?

Is this v2.5.x or 2.3.x? The build number alone is not enough to tell. v2.5 is the current version. v2.3 is slightly different and is being maintained primarily for those stuck with PowerPC or 32bit Intel machines.

Does this happen with 2.5.8 (7225)? This latest build does correct some group behaviors but nothing obviously related to what you describe.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Interestingly enough - it does not do this on a new drawing. I am working on a new plot based on a design from a few years ago at the same venue (saves re-doing the equipment allocation etc). It does it with both instruments from the old version of the show and new instruments inserted. The version was 2.5.7 and I have just installed 2.5.8 and it still does it. To correct it all I need to do is ungroup, if I then select and group it does not do the beam reduction.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It appears that this only happened with a mapped position which made it hard to track down. The issue is fixed in build 7228.

There is a (newer) preference in the automatic tab that can change the need to group gobo, iris and other accessory symbols. This preference causes a light to move associated symbols when it is moved. An accessory symbol that is inside the light symbol and devices that are owned by the light are moved when the light is moved. This means that there is no real need to group these accessories with the light. So, there is also a preference that allows you to turn off grouping when inserting a gobo or iris symbol.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Great, thanks Admin. Of course I had not tried a mapped position when I looked at it in a new drawing. Position mapping is one of the great things about lxbeams and one of those functions that blow apps that cost 30 times as much right out of the water. Well done and thanks as always Claude for your terrific app and zealous attention to detail.
Lanternz