request a shortcut to channel controls

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

request a shortcut to channel controls

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I often end up with a lot of windows on my desktop and to keep it tidier I close the channel controls or they just disappear behind a plot or something else.

I suggest that if you, in the main window, doubleclick a channel which has subchannels patched to it, it should open up or bring up frontmost the channelcontrol window.
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The toolbar has a pair of buttons that are referred to as "Window Items". These open the cue sheet/group list/sub list window and the channel controls window respectively.

The icon for the channel controls window is supposed to look like faders. Instead it looks a lot more like a mess. However, once you know what it is, you can easily click it to bring up the channel controls window.
Johan Söderberg

A good description. :)
I pushed the button that looks like a mess and voila - it opened the channel controls!

The "Cue/Group/sub list button" is just four horizontal lines.
Four vertical ones could make a less messy channelcontrolbutton.

But then theres the issue with the strange behaviour of that toolbar. I hardly never see those two buttons since I try to keep down the size of the mainwindow and when I resize the window there's no way of tellin if they will reappear. Sometimes they do but usually they don't, not even when I let the main window be all over my screen.
Do the buttons there really have to be floating and able to disappear in that strange way?
Johan Söderberg

Here a narrow little window with the buttons all visible:

Johan Söderberg

And here's a huge window but for some reason too small for these two buttons.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXConsole now has a regular Mac toolbar (build 5820). You can customize how it is arranged any way you'd like.

The only drawback is that the OS allows only a single toolbar configuration for all windows. So, if you change the toolbar in one window, it changes them all. LXConsole will remember the toolbar configuration and restore it when a file is opened. But this may change the toolbar configuration of another open window. This is the way the standard toolbar works in Mac OS and there does not appear to be an option to have different toolbars for different windows.