How to indicate a truss?

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
rmessnerjr

How to indicate a truss?

Post by rmessnerjr »

I've simply used a thicker Position line and the name "truss n" on my simple plot for Positions. We've got a combination of tracks, pipes, and trusses in our church. This is only because, over the years and with limited budget, we've added on. So, my plot uses a standard line for both a track and a pipe and a thicker line for a truss.

I'd like something more detailed and have created what represents a truss by adding other lines to the Position lines to look like a truss (with angle pieces et al.). However, it's unwieldy and doesn't lend itself to modification. Certainly, I've seen other drawing programs that have lines that can be shown as a double line, even with the ability to space the lines a certain distance apart.

Is there an industry standard for indicating the difference using programs such as Vectorworks and can that be done in LXFree or LXBeams?
Ralph Messner, Worship Technologies Director
Tempe Nazarene Church, Tempe, AZ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might consider drawing a section of truss with a series of lines, etc. and then using the Group command to make them a single graphic unit. Once you have done that, you can duplicate the section, rotate copies, etc.