CRITICAL BUG LXBeams

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
blacklite

CRITICAL BUG LXBeams

Post by blacklite »

Hi Claude,

After drawing a plan in the latest version of LXBeams, I've encountered a critical bug in the saving of a document. Beams will not save a file, either normal save, save as, or save a copy as. The very frustrating thing is that it seems to work correctly, and doesn't give any errors. But when the document is re-opened any changes since a save with a previous version of the software are not there. The file timestamp also hadn't changed. I found this out the hard way.

I have reverted to 1.9.28 which seems to save correctly.

Hope this can be resolved quickly.
blacklite

Post by blacklite »

Might be useful to know that I'm still on 10.6.8, perhaps the bug is related to changes made for 10.7 ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can look at Console.app (in Applications->Utilities) to see if there are messages in relation to why the save operation did not work. Important to know is what OS: 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7.

There is a big difference in saving with 10.7 and its new file versions and that will be important to finding and fixing this.

If you have a repeatable sequence that produces this error, please post it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see there's a cross post. This has to do with the new notes feature that was supposed to be benign and tested to be sure it was compatible. But something slipped through. Open the notes window and you can save. Or, wait for a few minutes and there will be an update.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Build 5818 is now available that fixes this issue.
blacklite

Post by blacklite »

Thanks Claude,

Amazing support. Fixed in 3 hours!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was worried about adding a new feature right before v2.0 was released (and the build number ended in 13!).

But, I found having work notes integrated into the plot so useful on the last show that I decided to risk it.

I thought everything was tested and isolated so it wouldn't cause a problem...

Thanks so much for letting me know. I hope that since the new build was only out there over the weekend that it didn't cause too much trouble.