positions report

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

positions report

Post by lanternz »

The positions report seems to have disappeared from my copy of LxPro since my last update. Is it just my copy or has it fallen off the tree?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The positions report should be installed. It is located at:

/Library/Application Support/lx/reports/Positions.lxreport

You can check to see that the file is present. If it is missing, try running the installer again.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

I looked there first and saw it missing. I reinstalled the app and still no positions report in that folder. I am on Beams 1.4.1 although Report editor lists as 1.0.1. I downloaded the Pro package and assume all the tools update each time.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This sounds like a permissions issue. Try using Disk Utility to repair permissions. On OS X it is a good idea to periodically check and repair permissions.

After repairing permissions try reinstalling LXSeries Pro. The Positions report is included and should be installed.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Repaired permissions and re-installed a freshly downloaded version but still no positions report. I am sure I used a few months ago.The latest mod date for the lx folder in app support shows 25th november 2010 which seems strange, and most of the reports were last modified in 2009! Is it possible to create some dropbox where we could collect or place useful reports? Beams v1.4.1, Report Editor v1.0.1
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The LXSeries Pro 1.4 installer should install the following reports:

Channel Export.lxreport
Channel List.lxreport
Channel Summary.lxxreport
Circuit List.lxreport
Color Count.lxxreport
Dimmer List.lxreport
Export.lxreport
Instrument Schedule.lxreport
M-Channel List.lxreport
M-Dimmer List.lxreport
Magic Report.lxreport
Positions.lxreport
Single Unit.lxxreport
Symbols.lxreport
Unused Circuits.lxreport

You can see a list of the reports in the main library by typing the following into the Terminal:

ls -a "/Library/Application Support/lx/reports"

You can also choose "Go to Folder..." in the Finder's Go menu and entering:

/Library/Application Support/lx/reports

There is more than one Library folder. The root Library/Application Support/lx folder contains standard files that are installed with LXSeries applications. There is also a Library/Application Support/lx folder in a user's home directory. This folder is used to store custom files such as report templates that a user has modified. These files are not altered by the installer. You can see the contents of this folder by typing the following into the Finder's "Go to Folder..." command window:

~/Library/Application Support/lx/reports

(The tilde represents the path to the current user's home directory.)

The Report Editor application can be modified so that it can create a Positions report. (The current version of LX ReportEditor is 1.0.1) But, LXReportEditor should not have to be able to do this. There are not many items that can be customized in a positions report. The Positions report is basic to ordering positions in other reports such as the Instrument Schedule. So, it needs to be installed with LXBeams and LXFree.

I've deleted the entire standard reports folder and installed LXSeries Pro 1.4 on a number of computers with different processors and versions of OS X and in every case, the Positions report was correctly installed.

I'm unsure what caused your Positions report to disappear and why it is not being installed. I would suggest trying to delete the standard reports folder. You can do this by typing the following into the Finder's "Go to Folder..." command window:

/Library/Application Support/lx

You should see the "reports" folder along with others such as "keys" and "colors". Drag the reports folder to the trash. Then, re-install LXSeries Pro and check the contents of the folder. It should match what is shown above.

If the contents don't match, are there any other missing reports? If so, which ones?
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Problem solved. Initially it was a simple act of inadequate observation. I was on the wrong layer on the drawing and did not realize the report would be layer sensitive since the key is not. I then went looking for a solution but did not know that the app support would exist in both libraries. All is now fine. Thanks for your patience.
Lanternz