color

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
salsalerno

color

Post by salsalerno »

A minor issue has occurred. I tried to assign color to some instruments specifically R 08 to an S4 36º and S4 50º. When I click off or hit enter the color disappears and is entered in one of the other box choices. This did not happen with R80 and Pars.

Anyway-Wow. Love the program. You have saved my life. I was an older user in OS 9 and was using it in Classic but no more. Had been using Vectorworks but our current version 11.5 doesn't work with Leopard and new package is weeks away. So is my show. Enter LX free! Thank you.

Sal Salerno
On Tour Company
Calhoun H.S.
Merrick, NY
admin
Site Admin

Reply to Color

Post by admin »

Hi,

This is a new problem and possibly unique to your setup.

It would be helpful to know some things that would let me reproduce this. First, what computer and operating system are you using? If you are not using LXFree 0.9.1211, does this happen with the latest version?

Second, is this a reproducible thing or something that happened once? That is: is there a sequence of things that you can do that always results in the entered text moving to the wrong field? By the way, which field is this?

If this happens consistently with a 36 degree and not a PAR, that's a clue. If it happened once and not again, that may be coincidence.

Finally, it is possible that this is specific to the computer you were using because it has been customized by a piece of software called an input manager. Most of the problems you may have heard about with people upgrading to OS-X 10.5 Leopard were caused by these customizations. If you know you have something like this installed, it would be helpful to know.
salsalerno

Color reply

Post by salsalerno »

I was using a G4 1.33 ghz 12" Powerbook with 1.5 gb ram. To my knowledge, I do not have an input manager. I did have something I didn't know I had that originally gave me a blue screen when installing 10.5. I have since done an archive and install. I do have Wacom drivers in the system. Don't know if that helps. I am on my desktop now and will not get back to the laptop until Tuesday at the latest but I will try to pull it out before then. I do know that LXfree did not allow the changes of color to stick but I will try again and let you know.

Thanks for the response.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

One thing to know is that an older version of LXFree did have a similar problem with the Inspector not accepting input in the info table.

There are older versions of LXFree floating around on various download sites. If you have an older version of LXFree on your hard drive, you might be accidentally be running that version when you double-click a plot file to open the associated application. This can happen even if the alternate version is not in the applications folder.

You can check "About LX" from the running application to see the version.

Input Managers under Leopard are restricted to the /Library/InputManagers folder. You can look there to see if any are installed.