How can we promote the promotor and support the supporter.

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Johan Söderberg

How can we promote the promotor and support the supporter.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I´ve noticed that I´m the number one contributor to this Forum and it actually embarasses me. I don´t want to be nothing but helpful and supportive.

I think I´m not alone in this so therefore I would like mr admin to keep out of this thread. - Go away now, please.

I want to know how we all, the users of this free app can help and support.

For a while I thought I could help by creating and sharing new fancy symbols for the libraries, but honestly the symbol editor just pisses me off every time...

So what can we do?

And if you wonder why I happen to be so active on this forum I can tell you by publishing an email I first wrote to send to admin, but then I changed my mind. I think I´d rather send it to everyone else. It may explain some of my appreciation, being one of few who has thoroughly tested also LX Console.

Here it is:
I´ve started pushing people to your website, since i think it´s worth it.

And I think the following text on page: about.html could toughen up some.

There It says:
"Another area where software can assist the designer is in the sharing, manipulating and archiving of cue data. The LXSeries includes LXConsole which is an application that acts as a general purpose offline editor but also extends an ability to annotate cues. LXConsole works with LXBeams via AppleScript. This allows exchanges such as sending patch information to the console or sending cue levels to LXBeams be rendered."

I think you can start calling it also:

- ...A basic and easy to learn standalone lightconsole for 512 DMX channels that is tested and proven in live performances around the world 
A console which has the characteristic  and widely appreciated mac-feeling and user oriented approach in good safekeeping.

The LXseries, with it´s way of helping out through a lightdesigners everyday work from the first sketching of a plot to the final closing of the drapes is quite a  statement of understanding the processes needed to fulfill the very simple and noble aim for this project: 
- Freeing lightdesigners so they have time for more important stuff.
That´s what it's about and that´s just what it does.

Now that´s what I think - Toughen up and be proud, you´re on a good way and on a good course.

Now I hope you know a bit about why I support this project, it´s not to become some stupid recordholder... It´s because I believe in it.

And to all users out there I would like to ask - how can we help, when we lack the ability and knowledge to do so in the programming?
I´ve had so much fun and so much effort as a lightprofessional using this freeware that I´ve started to feel ashamed that there is so little I can give back.
And it sure doesn´t help this forum if every request has to be finished off with the sentence:
- oh bye the way, thank you, I may have critizised some part of you work but you know, I,m still very grateful...
That´s just stupid, I think. I really don´t want to go there, but feel I might slip into that slippery gratitude jibberish more and more...

SO: if not financial help, which isn´t requested from our dear admin as far as I know, what else can we do?

Please help coming up with good ideas!

And mr Admin if you´ve come this far in reading this, you have most obviously disobeyed my orders. :(
Please try to stay out of it for a while at least. Pretend you didn´t see this - Forget... forge... forg... for...f.....

greetings to you all, Johan S
:)