how to import background plan into section view

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
Pierre Daubigny

how to import background plan into section view

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

Hi Claude,

I have been trying to import pdf or jpg plans / sideviews into section view on LxFree for Java. I have not succeeded so far. None of the following methods has proved right :
- File > import > graphic from file
- Format > insert > graphic from file
- simple Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V

Could not find anything on this very topic in the Forum.
Have I missed something ?

Thanks for the outstanding work you have been going through all these years !!
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There was an issue with importing graphics when a section was in a tab, rather than a separate window. This is now fixed in the latest version. You should be able to copy/paste, use File->Import->Graphic from File... or drag and drop to get an image into a section view tab with 2.6.4 (14415.1) which is available for download.
Pierre Daubigny

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

This works perfectly and makes the whole thing much more efficient for the use I have, thank you very much ! And the new options "use plan symbols when possible" and "allow position name display" are really helpful.

I also discovered that it is possible to insert horizontal and vertical ruler into the sidewiew by cut/pasting them from the main window.

However once the "Side" window is open, I do not quite get how zooming works. The sideview spreads only on the upper half of the screen, whereas the lower half remains gray.

If I try and zoom in, I get the impression that it zooms slightly to the left and once I have zoomed, I cannot shift using for example CTRL+[Mouse Left].

It seems the background image that I have imported is not on a layer. I had to lock it to keep working. No big deal.

In previous versions, once I had drawn lines (for example to calculate how high the pipes and borders had to be hung so that no one would see the lights from the audience) I could not erase them and had to reduce them to mere points. This seems to be fixed now.

(LX Free for Java / version 2.6.4 (14502.1)
Pierre