Curved FOH positions

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Curved FOH positions

Post by lanternz »

I am trying to put in a curved FOH position which now does not seem so easy as it was in earlier versions of the software!? I am doing what I did last time, which is to create a curved line that fits the CAD drawing of the venue and then convert that curved line to a position. The control points do not seem to be as easy to manipulate as in the past and in the end I imported a curved position from a 2011 drawing and adjusted it. Is it possible to direct enter the numerical values for the control points? If so where do I find these? Is it also possible to make the control points more visible on the screen? If I am trying to place a curved position over an underlying layer the control points are hard to find. The other control points also disappear when I am moving one of them which makes it hard to get a good visual alignment. I understand the reasoning but it is also awkward that a curved position is a rectangular selection block, I usually lock this to avoid inadvertently shifting it while adding instruments but this does result in a lot of accidental selection of locked objects and consequently having to click outside the selection before continuing. Any solutions to this?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are two types of positions, the basic pipe type position that is drawn with the position tool and a position that is created out of a path. When you convert a curved line to a position, it becomes this second type. You edit it like you would a plain path object. To adjust the control points choose Format->Transform->Reshape Path.

The color of selection handles can be adjusted in the Preferences' interface tab. The default is a system color. However, you can choose something else to make the handles of selected objects stand out better. You cannot choose the handle color of an object selected inside a group or a locked object. These remain light blue and red respectively.

The ability to edit individual points of a path was recently added to the Inspector's measurements table. This has nowe also been added to path type positions in the latest build 5.6.4 (15804.1).