Metric

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Metric

Post by lanternz »

Dear Claude, as a courtesy to those countries using metric measurements would it be possible to add the ISO A series paper sizes to the drop down "Select Size" menu in the document set up tab. Imperial size documents remain in official use in 3 countries in the world - USA, Liberia and Myanmar. I know I can set the paper size in other ways but it seems a pity to miss out on the convenience of the drop down menu.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is it only the A sizes or are B sizes in use as well?
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

I only use ISO A size. Mostly A0.
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

A size is standard in theatre applications in Australia, I am pretty sure it is the same in the UK and it has always been my de facto format in Europe.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build, Version 5.6.3 (15622.1), adds ISO A0 through A4 paper sizes to the preset size menu. This includes the default document size in the preferences, the size popup in the document tab, and also as the zoom to fit size option when exporting a PDF.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

A problem has developed since the new range of ISO size papers. My drawing keeps defaulting in size back to some weird page size. I set it to AO, make sure it is only doing 1 page wide x 1 page high, accept the clip contents (there is a larger size drawing on the set layer) and I get the right size drawing. Save the file. Then I can't quite find the exact way to reproduce the error but at least 6 times now the drawing has come back in the strange page size and when I select it back to A0 it comes in 1 page wide and 2 pages high. There may be something in one of the layers since it has some venue information from another show I did in the same venue.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you send a copy of the problem file? Document sizes don't change unless there is something that prompts the change, such as altering the page setup or explicitly setting the size with a command.

If the displayed size in pages changes, it could be a very slight rounding problem. If this can be reproduced, it can be confirmed.

If you go to print the document and instead of actually sending it to the printer, choose "Open in Preview" from the popup in the lower left corner of the print sheet, do you see one page with your file's contents and one blank page?
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Can't seem to duplicate the problem now. I will try again when I have a bit more time. I suspect I may have cleared the issue when I deleted some underlying layers that I had used to get alignments set and then turned off. If it occurs again I will email the file to you. Today it's all fine.
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Further to the page sizing issue - it happened again today. I opened the file and a small rectangular part of the drawing was all that was visible. I thought I would take a screen shot for you but decided to shrink the image one click in order to show you more. Lo and behold the full drawing appeared in the scaled down image and then again perfectly when I went back to full scale. Curious.
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Still having issues with the drawing appearing to be clipped to some strange size. Issue resolves if I click to another tab (section for example) and then back again. Now a different issue has arisen - the app will not open with the icon in the dock. Opens fine from the application folder or by swiping back to desktop and clicking the open file. Running 10.15.3. and Beams 5.6.4
Lanternz
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Should have tried a re-start before reporting the unresponsive dock icon. That fixed. Still, however, clipping the drawing to what is basically my laptop screen size.
Lanternz