Beachballs

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Beachballs

Post by lanternz »

I have noticed that the app is getting slower to open and sometimes very slow to save. App opening times are now more than 10 seconds and drawing saves bring on the beach ball. I have one drawing that takes so long to save that it triggers the app not responding in Force Quit however when I do so there is no crash report generated. The particular drawing is not very large. I will email the drawing but this one just seems an extreme example of a noticeable slowing down in opening the app and in saving. There is no change to the app response time in operation. OS 10.13.6
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It appears that there are some problematic imported PDFs in the plot in question. The slow part is in saving bitmap versions of these PDFs so that the file can be used on systems that do not natively support PDF such as Windows and Linux. If you do not need cross-platform compatible files, you can disable saving the bitmap copies alongside the PDF data using the File/XML tab of the preferences.

There is now a new latest build, Version 5.5.3 (14916.1), that caches bitmap data for imported images so it does not have to be re-created, significantly increasing the speed of saving files that contain large PDF graphics.