Warnings

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
lanternz

Warnings

Post by lanternz »

v5.5 on OS 10.13.6. Is there some way to disable the warning when changing an instrument type in a drawing?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, there is not. The logic is that it is more common to go from drawing a symbol (the symbol is selected) to choosing the next symbol to draw than it is to deliberately change an existing symbol.

In the first case, the warning allows you to choose cancel which results in the new symbol being selected to be drawn next, saving the accidental changing of the previous selection (and the, then necessary, Undo). In the second case, hitting enter dismisses the warning easily and the need to do this is compensated for by the all the other times when you wanted to select a different fixture to draw next and would have ended up inadvertently changing the selection.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

I understand the intention and agree as to it's value when preparing a new design. In this instance I am transferring a design to a new venue with a totally different equipment schedule. Not a big rig but still around 150 instruments. I do this by dropping the original design onto the new venue and then adjusting positions and instrument types to suit. An option similar to the "disable info field selection" would be useful. And save me having to read that warning 150 times.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, latest build, Version 5.5.0 (14612.1).

In the preferences Interface tab.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Is this a world record software response time? Somebody call up the Guinness book of records. I make it 23 minutes from suggestion to new software version! Thanks Claude.
Lanternz