Side view disappears when saving (version 5.4.3)

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Fausto

Side view disappears when saving (version 5.4.3)

Post by Fausto »

Hi all,
I m experiencing a problem with LxBeams 5.4.3

As the title states, any time I save my plan (or when it automatically autosaves), the content of my side view disappear.
I have to close that tab, and reopen it by clicking on View>Section>Side.

Is this happening to anybody else?
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

(I am fine to attach my file to this thread if that helps troubleshooting, but I am not sure how to attach it in this forum)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can e-mail the problem file. Please include the steps to reproduce the problem. For example, if you are in the side view and save the plot does it disappear in front of your eyes? Are you looking at another view when saving and the switching to the side view shows it to be empty? Also, what operating system are you running on the computer where this happens?
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

thanks for looking into this, I have just sent you an email with the lxplot file, and additional informations on how to reproduce the problem.

cheers,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This turned out to be an odd issue having to do with saving an alternate image for styled text displayed in a section view. It is fixed in the latest build of LXBeams, v5.4.5 (14429.2). Note that this is the latest build link, not the release link at the top of the download page.

There are a couple of ways around the issue with the version of LXBeams you have:

In the case of this file, you could convert all the styled text areas in the side section to plain text fields (Format->Convert->Text Field->To Plain).

Or, you can uncheck the "Include alternative to RTF in LXXPlot files" box in the File/XML tab of the preferences.
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

The last of your suggestions seemed to have fixed the issue.

I will also install the latest build, but I have a design due tomorrow and need to be efficient with my time.

thanks again for looking into this and for fixing this so quickly, I really appreciated it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's actually a problem with saving with v5.4.5 (14429.2).

Use v5.4.5 (14431.1) instead. The alternate representation of styled text is no longer an image so the cause of the problem of disappearing side section is now avoided.