Getting stuck on Symbol Edit screen

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
JasonL

Getting stuck on Symbol Edit screen

Post by JasonL »

Hi,

When I edit a symbol and select the Tools dropdown to use the Move Symbol tool, I cannot cancel out of the popup window and am left having to Force Quit LXBeams.

See attached photo for where this is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/66q34nuqpzzkt ... l.png?dl=0

MacOS 10.12.6
LXBeams Version 5.3.0 (13817.1)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does this happen every time?

For example, open a new plot and choose "Entry Info..." for a symbol in the default key. Then choose "Edit Symbol..." If you immediately choose Tools->Move Symbol, can you then click "Cancel" and dismiss the coordinate entry sheet? Or, does it fail to close even then?

The getting stuck on this sheet does not happen for me. So, I'm trying to determine what it is that causes this for you. Either there is something about your system or the file you are working with that exposes the problem. So, if you could try the above and let me know, it will help track down what is going on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've uploaded a new Version 5.3.0 (13912.1) which you can download under the "LXSeries Pro Latest Build" in the "More Downloads" section of the download page. This will either fix the issue or will trap it and put a message in the "Messages" window. If you could try this version and let me know if it fixes the problem, I can replace the current 5.3 release build.
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

admin wrote:Does this happen every time?

For example, open a new plot and choose "Entry Info..." for a symbol in the default key. Then choose "Edit Symbol..." If you immediately choose Tools->Move Symbol, can you then click "Cancel" and dismiss the coordinate entry sheet? Or, does it fail to close even then?
Same behavior with a new file and trying to edit a symbol. Cancel does not close the window. I'll download the latest build and try that, or I can also send my file to you to see what's up.

Thanks for the help!
Jason
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

admin wrote:I've uploaded a new Version 5.3.0 (13912.1) which you can download under the "LXSeries Pro Latest Build" in the "More Downloads" section of the download page. This will either fix the issue or will trap it and put a message in the "Messages" window. If you could try this version and let me know if it fixes the problem, I can replace the current 5.3 release build.
I tried this build and the behavior is the same on my system. Macbook Pro 2015, Sierra.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/73r62tl74i3el ... 2.png?dl=0

The linked screenshot shows build # and no messages in Messages window when I try & click Ok or Cancel. The OK button turns blue and gives the Click animation when I click on it but nothing happens. If I have multiple plots open, I can work in the other plot windows just fine, but any plot where I go to edit symbol and choose one of the tools, it gets stuck on the tool pop-up window.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've uploaded another version, build 13913.1. I have yet to duplicate the problem. But, this new build shuts off one possible way closing the coordinate entry sheet might fail.

When you say any of the tools causes a hang, does this include resize?
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

admin wrote:When you say any of the tools causes a hang, does this include resize?
Yes, move or resize.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I believe this is fixed in build 13914.1. I'm not sure why closing the sheet would hang with older versions of MacOS. But, this build uses an older way of presenting the sheet and seems to fix it.

But, I could only reproduce a problem with the coordinate sheet (move, etc.) The resize operation did not show a problem for me.
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

It works!! Latest build fixes it for me! Thank you! :D
Version 5.3.0 (13914.1)