Virtual Intensity Parameter

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
freadZdead

Virtual Intensity Parameter

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

Happy New Year!

Is there any way to implement a virtual Intensity parameter for LED fixtures that do not have that parameter as an option? i.e. RGB fixtures that do not have an intensity subchannel.

The desired outcome would be that when changing the virtual Intensity subchannel in LXConsole, the RGB values get proportionally diminished.
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Select a channel. Choose Channel->Setup Hilited Channels...

Or, right-click the channel and from the popup menu choose Setup Channel.

Either import LED->RGB. Or, add the individual color subchannels for your fixture.

Check the box "Virtual Intensity"

Close the channel setup sheet.

Note:some of the built-in channel setup for LEDs are already configured for virtual intensity. Others are for fixtures that have a separate intensity control DMX address. But, you can convert between each type easily by checking or unchecking the Virtual Intensity box.
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

That seems to work well in LXConsole - but thus far, I have not seen a way to set it up in LXBeams. Would it be possible to do that?
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXBeams displays beams of led fixtures with no intensity parameter proportional to the level set with the slider in the Inspector's Beams tab.

Can you explain what you are trying to do and what you'd like LXBeams to do that would help you accomplish this?
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Oh, just because I often seem to build myself costum fixtures and use LXBeams mainly to do a) paperwork but also b) setup/update LXConsole's channel and patch setups... so usually, I try to avoid steps in LXConsole that would be overwritten/changed when I update the LX Plan and after the LXConsole, if that makes sense.
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the latest build of LXBeams (13309.2), exported xml channel data for devices that have an LED mix type but do not have an address for intensity are marked for virtual intensity.

In the latest build of LXConsole (12009.2), when importing xml channel data, you can choose to assign virtual intensity from the incoming setup.