LX Console with ENTTEC Open DMX USB

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Le Dioude

LX Console with ENTTEC Open DMX USB

Post by Le Dioude »

hi everybody,
I am a happy user of LX Console (with an ENTTEC ODE box) for a few months, but for a new project, I have to configure a kit using a Enttec Open DMX USB, and I have some questions:

My configuration is as follows: MacBookPro running on OSX El Capitan (10.11.6), LX Console 5.1.1. I also installed D2XX Helper and LXNet 2OpenDMX (0.2.3).

Question 1: for the ENTTEC box to work (or rather for LXNet2OpenDMX and LX Console to communicate), it seems necessary to have an internet connection (wired or wifi) ... is this normal?

Question 2: When I click on "info widget" (LX Console / preferences / DMX info), the following message appears:

Creating output socket.
DMX ethernet out OK
d2xx connection error: FT_DEVICE_NOT_OPENED
No Connection.

What does that mean ?

Would I have missed a step in configuring my system?

The ideal would be to have a stable configuration ... without the need for internet connection, obviously!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is not absolutely necessary to have an active network connection for LXConsole to send Art-Net to the LXNet2OpenDMX application. But, you will need to use the local connection 127.0.0.1. First, make sure that LXNet2OpenDMX is open and set to receive Art-Net. Then, open LXConsole's Preferences, DMX Out tab. Configure LXConsole's Art-Net output to send to the address 127.0.0.1. Then, enable the output. It is important that LXNet2OpenDMX has an open socket first before LXConsole creates another socket tied to the same address. Note that if you don't have a network connection, either WiFi or ethernet, LXNet2OpenDMX will not appear in LXConsole's list of Art-Net nodes. That is why you need to manually specify the loopback IP address, 127.0.0.1.

When using the open DMX widget (not a Pro widget) LXConsole does not output directly using its DMX USB Pro connection. To use LXNet2OpenDMX to drive an Open DMX interface, the USB output should be off in LXConsole. LXConsole sends Art-Net to the LXNet2OpenDMX application which then drives the Open DMX serial converter cable. LXConsole's USB DMX Output only works with a DMX USB Pro device (if you have a pro interface, the LXNet2OpenDMX application should not be used as it is specific to Open DMX type serial conversion widgets).
Le Dioude

Post by Le Dioude »

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly ! :D :D