Dimension line text not working after update?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
admin
Site Admin

Dimension line text not working after update?

Post by admin »

I recently installed an update for LX. I’m using 5.0.1.

I found that I can’t manipulate the text within a dimension line like I used to. I used to be able to click on the text in order to change the font, the space within the line, the location or even change the numeric value of the text. Now it seems that I can’t click on the text at all.

Was this change intentional or a side effect of some other part of the upgrade?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You may have have Format->Disable Info Field Selection selected. This prevents you from accidentally selecting info fields for lights, positions and the text displayed by a dimension line. You can turn the menu item option off and you should be able to select the dimension line's text as you remember.

Also, with Disable Info Field Selection enabled, the option key becomes a temporary way of reversing the setting and selecting an info field anyway. So, if you realize you can't select a field, instead of going to the menu and changing your setting, just hold down the option key and click on the field and you should be able to select it.

Disable Info Field Selection is very useful when you have a number of colse together or small fixtures where it is difficult to click to select the symbol apart from the text. However, it is equally useful to be able select and manipulate an info field, perhaps just to move it slightly. Modern AI notwithstanding, the computer can't really know which way you'd like it before you click. So, the option key becomes a step towards having it both ways.