Show file not opening

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Tarabini

Show file not opening

Post by Tarabini »

I just finished re-programming a show for a tour. It worked flawlessly so I saved it and shut down LX Console.
Now when I try to open the show file, nothing opens. I tried on 2 different computers and none of them will open it.......anyone have a solution for this or should I start programming everything again. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can e-mail the problem file and we can take a look to see what might be going wrong.

If you have a folder named "LXConsoleSnapshots" in your Documents directory, LXConsole will save a timestamped copy of your show there every time you save the file. If you save often (which is always a good idea) this folder will fill up with a lot of files. So, you need to periodically delete what you don't want to hang on to. I tend to do this after a show is open/closes. On the other hand, when you need to go back a few versions to restore a few cues that you accidentally recorded over after lunch, its a lifesaver.
Tarabini

Post by Tarabini »

Thank you for the "Snapshot" trick.....it will definitely save me some head aches!! :-)
I sent you the show file, but already re-programmed the whole thing....it's always good to get a bit of exorcise when you are not you are not working with lights on a daily basis.... :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another method of recovering parts of a damaged file is to import it into another file. For example, to attempt to recover just the cues, you can open a new blank file. Then use File->Import->Cues to bring the cues from the damaged file into the new file. Once you have chosen the file to import the cues from, you can pick which parts of the file you'd like to import. If you have cues that use more than plain dimmers, you'll get more complete results if you also import the patch along with the cues.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This turned out to be a problem caused by a fader having an empty submaster list. This error threw an exception that prevented the file from completely setting up its user interface after the data had been read. This bug is now trapped by the latest build of LXConsole, Version 5.1.0 (11301.1). Your original file will open using this new version.

As always, note that latest builds are found in download links that are in the list below the current release version.