Trouble With resizing lights

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
kain00

Trouble With resizing lights

Post by kain00 »

So I am new to the lx program and I cannot figure out how to resize the lights on the plot. Clicking and dragging on the grey handles has no affect. Is the an alternate way to change my light size?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Light symbols are associated with specific meanings in a plot's key. Individual symbols cannot be changed. You can modify a symbol and then associate it with a key entry then use it in a plot. The way to modify an existing symbol is to convert it to a path object using either "Symbol to Graphic" or "Selection to Path" from the Format->Convert menu.

The relationship of symbol:key:plot can be seen as font:dictionary:novel. A symbol is a graphic path. A key holds entries that associate symbol graphics with specific meanings. A plot uses symbols from a key to indicate a specific arrangement of individual lights of designated types.

Symbols are associated with key entries by using an ID which refers either to one of the symbols built into LXFree or to a symbol stored in a library file. LXSymbolEditor and LXKeyEditor are two utility applications for modifying and creating symbol and key files. It is possible to copy and paste a path from LXFree into LXSymbolEditor, modify it, then paste it into a key entry using LXKeyEditor. Custom symbols are stored inside key entries so that they are portable to other systems that may not have access to the original symbol file.

The latest version of LXBeams (1.0.6) has a "Path to Key Wizard" that allows easy creation of a key entry from a path within the LXBeams application.